Projects and references
The most recent projects and references of Millennium Destinations include:
Product design, development and marketing
- 2015-2017: Millennium Hikes, sharing sustainable, intercultural hiking experiences (2017 pilot project in France, Spain and South Korea)
- Millennium Tours: interest-based tours promoting sustainable tourism and sustainable production and consumption (since 2014)
- 2016 Sustainable & Smart Tourism Forum (Oct. 10 & 11, 2016): planning, organization and management
- Support to the International Secretariat for Water during the COP21 in Paris: coordination, preparation and promotion of several events, including an international exhibition on urban agriculture (Sept.-Dec.2015)
- 7th World Water Forum (Daegu & Gyeongju, 2015): local support and coordination for communication, PR and logistics for the French Water Partnership in charge of the French delegation (200 members), the International Secretariat for Water and Women for Water Partnership (Feb. to April 2015)
- 10th World Symposium on Choral Music (Seoul, 2014): in charge of coordinating the delegation of African Youth Choir (August 2014)
- Design and implementation of training and capacity-building sessions on sustainable tourism, social impact of tourism, tourism marketing, tourism product etc.
- Since 2014: support to the preparation / implementation of workshops on sustainable tourism for development, hosted by UNWTO ST-EP Foundation
- 2016 Sustainable & Smart Tourism Forum - Seoul, South Korea (Oct. 2016) : "Sustainable & Smart Tourism: Going Back to the Basics to Reinvent the Tourism Experience"
- Global Sustainable Tourism Conference - Suwon, South Korea (Oct. 2016) : "Sustainable Tourism & the City: Because We're Worth It".
- 9th World Congress on Snow and Mountain Tourism hosted by the UNWTO and the Government of Andorra (March 2016): presentation on Mountain Hiking
- Preparation of presentations and speeches for the Chairperson of UNWTO ST-EP Foundation, also UN MDGs Advocate (2010 to 2015) and UN SDGs Advocate since 2016.
- 2016-2017: study of the Korean tourism outbound market for mountain destinations
- 2015: local partner of a PhD thesis research (Michigan University) on the contribution of ecotourism practices to environmental sustainable behaviors in South Korea
- 2015: study on behavioral economics and sustainable tourism - creating education and information tools for professionals and tourists
- 2014: research on labels, certifications, best practices and IT solutions to promote sustainability in the hospitality industry in South Korea